Business Development Manager Opportunity
We are on a journey towards creating a totally paperless, digital future. We need two incredible Business Development Managers to help us get there. Could you deliver our in-house software across the UK & Ireland? Fill out the form below to apply!
WorkPal is a leader in mobile workflow management software across the UK & Ireland. But don’t just take our word for it, in the space of just six months we have been nominated for 7 industry awards. This is down to our digital philosophy and an ability to deliver truly innovative technology to our customers. We have offices in Belfast, Glasgow & Dublin. With plans to double the workforce over the next two years. Watch this space!
About the Role
We are currently recruiting in our Belfast office for a Business Development Manager to assist in identifying new business opportunities, pitching for new business, and consulting with potential customers in order to identify a tailored solution to fit their particular needs.
We offer a starting basic salary of £18,000 per annum plus commission (OTE circa £30,000+ year one, £40,000+ year two). Basic salary increases based on performance at 3, 6 and 9 month reviews. Company benefits including twenty-eight days’ annual leave, extra annual leave for long service, company pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a subsidised coffee shop.
Responsibilities will include
- Working closely with Account Management teams and Business Development Managers to attract new leads and opportunities.
- Cold-Calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange face-to-face software demonstrations.
- Conducting needs analysis meetings to understand a prospective client’s workflow and apply product knowledge to meet those needs.
- Building and managing a pipeline and delivering new sales in line with targets set.
- Liaising with the Project and Implementation Manager and Account Manager to report needs analysis findings.
- Building and documenting sales activities on the company’s CRM software and document activities.
- Proposal writing, presentations and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Maintaining a strong focus on horizontal markets and handle key prospects relationships.
- Generating a minimum of two referrals from each client to generate further new business.
- Attending trade shows and conferences and representing WorkPal in a professional manner.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 12 months’ experience in a field sales role expected, within Software, IT or Telecoms environments is preferable but not essential
- Demonstrable track record of developing new business and cross selling a portfolio of solutions.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to apply that knowledge.
- Experience with using sales and forecasting systems to manage sales pipelines
- Professional and proactive manner when interacting with all clients, technical and non-technical staff/clients.
- Prepared to be flexible with the work requested and willing to learn new skills.
- Excellent communications skills; written and verbal.
- A strong focus towards customer experience.
If you’re keen to work with our growing business development team, then we’d love to hear from you. Send a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply by submitting the contact form below.