WorkPal is a leader in mobile workflow management software across the UK & Ireland. But don’t just take our word for it, in the space of just six months we have been nominated for 7 industry awards. This is down to our digital philosophy and an ability to deliver truly innovative technology to our customers. We have offices in Belfast, Glasgow & Dublin.
About the Role
You will learn the architecture and operation of the WorkPal software which has native mobile and web-based interfaces before starting to develop on new features and performance adjustments to improve the product.
Based in our Belfast Office, we offer a competitive salary based on experience, plus company benefits including twenty-eight days’ annual leave (with extra days for long service), company pension scheme, childcare vouchers, flexible working hours and subsidised coffee shop. We also play PS4 at lunch if that’s your thing – it gets competitive!
Responsibilities will include:
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for designing, building and testing software components according to product specifications and client requirements.
You will be expected to work as part of a team, and at times on your own and to be proactive in contributing to the continued development and growth of the product.
- Can create well-commented and efficient Object-Oriented PHP code
- Know your way around a normalised MySQL database
- Want to learn about scalable cloud applications and native mobile apps
Skills and Experience
- Experience developing Object-oriented database-driven applications in PHP/MySQL with at least two years language experience
- RESTFul API – minimum experience USING REST APIs but ideally experience creating REST APIs
- Excellent analytical skills and clear written and oral communication
- Native mobile application development on any platform
- Good working knowledge of version control systems, ideally GIT
- Knowledge and understanding of Software as a Service platforms
- Experience with Automated and Continuous Deployment.
- Automated Testing Tools/Environments
- Experience with Linux Server Management and Performance Optimisation
If you’re keen to work with our growing development team, then we’d love to hear from you. Send a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply by submitting the contact form below.