WorkPal is a recognised leader and expert in Mobile Workflow Management solutions. Our in-house development team is responsible for creating our flagship solution for mobile workflow management, reporting, tracking and invoicing. It has been designed and developed as a Web App for office-based users and a Smartphone App for both Android and iOS, that instantly synchronises the paperwork of office and field based teams, transforming the distribution, management and time frames of jobs, paperwork and invoicing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Swift developer responsible for the development and maintenance of our WorkPal app on iOS, for both iPhone and iPad. Your primary focus will be the development of this App, and it’s integration with our back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Based in our Belfast Office, we offer a competitive salary plus company benefits including twenty-eight days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, childcare vouchers.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for designing, building and testing software components according to product specifications and client requirements.
You will be expected to work as part of a team by distributing and discussing features with other team members. You will also be required to work on your own and to be proactive in contributing to the continued development and growth of the product.
- Design and build the WorkPal application for iOS in Swift
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automatization
- Proficient in Swift, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good knowledge of performance limits and characteristics
- Knowledge of memory management and multi-threading
- Experience with Core Data, particularly working with multiple contexts
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect to back-end services
- Good sense of UI design and a user-oriented focus
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Knack for benchmarking and optimisation
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, ideally GIT
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Degree-level Education