Work like never before! Simpler, faster and smarter mobile working.
WorkPal is a cloud-based field service management software allowing both online and offline working, designed to bring field service operations into the digital era.
We have over 10 year’s experience under our belt and having achieved multiple industry awards, together with our recently announced investment of £1million over a 2 year period, we are excited to grow our business further and are looking for Software Developers to help us on our journey.
We love what we do at WorkPal, behind our software solutions is a close-knit team of dedicated engineers and designers, delivering results for our clients. When we’re not working, you’ll find most of us gathered, with a little bit of friendly rivalry, around the office PS5.
To work exclusively on our native Java Android App, along with the rest of the development team, to create new features, troubleshoot issues, and continually improve the product.
Responsibilities (depending on level):
- Triaging and helping with support issues
- Diagnosing bugs and fixing them.
- Completing larger scale feature tickets.
- Collaborating on tickets with other developers
- Diagnosing and fixing performance issues in the app
- Reviewing the tickets of fellow developers, with comprehensive testing, and feedback
- Writing automated tests for the features you have worked on
All of the above duties, plus:
- Take the current ‘Develop’ Branch of code and create a release, run automated tests etc. then deploy to the Google Play Store
- Spec out more complex tickets for the lower-level developers
- Oversee the automated testing and recommend tests that are missing or revisions to existing tests
- Help with onboarding new staff
- Proficiency with Java & Android Studio
- Proficiency with JSON
- Experience using REST APIs
- Experience of working with SQLite databases
- Experience of GIT source control
- Familiarity with technologies such as PHP/MySQL (for API calls)
- Experience using Kotlin
- Firebase (particularly Push Notifications and Crashlytics)
- Experience in Play Store Deployment
- Knowledge or experience of iOS/Swift
- Automated/Unit Testing
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- A hybrid working model, with a mixture of remote working and some days from our great new office in the city centre
- Training, Learning and growth programs
We are an equal opportunities employer. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless of age, race, sex, disability or religious belief.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and Basic Access NI criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from employment with Barclay Communications. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences.
To apply for this job please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org