7 Reasons Why You Should Go Paperless
In today’s digital age, we all know the benefits of running a paperless office, from cutting costs to boosting productivity levels in the workplace. And while we understand businesses can quickly reap the rewards of removing paper from their daily activity, alarmingly, 39% of businesses are still claiming their business is overspending because of unnecessary printing by employees. We at WorkPal have got 7 scary paper based facts that will make Mother Nature and your budget cry:
1. The average business eats up approximately 15% of its annual revenue on document costs.
What is 15% of annual revenue worth to you? What improvements could you make.
2. On average £10,420 worth of productivity is lost per worker per year due to their inability to find the data they require to do their job.
Imagine the savings from a solution that keeps all your data protected securely in one place.
3. The average IT department spends 15% of their time responding to printing issues.
How often is your business interrupted by a printing failure? One cost that most organisations do not account for.
4. 57% of employees spend 1 hour or more per day searching for paper documents.
With 20% stating they have recreated documents they couldn’t find.
5. The average invoice related customer enquiry takes around 20 minutes.
Reduce the invoice time, and spend it adding value to your customer.
6. 5% of paper documents are estimated to be lost in each business.
Losing documents with personal data is a serious data breach. One that the ICO will be clamping down on now that GDPR is in effect.
7. According to the Worldwatch Institute, producing just one tonne of paper emits more than 1.5 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent.
That’s a whole lot of waste being produced for something that you’ll probably just end up throwing away. Do your part, become sustainable, save the trees!
WorkPal is a strong advocate of the marginal gains approach. Which states improving 30 factors by one percent gives the same result as improving one factor by 30%. By going paperless, businesses are given more time to add value to the business. Admin staff in particular can support their clients’ objectives, rather than focusing solely on traditional admin and its time-consuming tasks, such as printing, filing and sourcing clients’ files. With the right minor amendments, businesses can gain a significant advantage over its competitors – this is the power of marginal gains.
Do you want a first hand example of a customer that went paperless with WorkPal? Check out our ROL Testing case study
Let us show you how we can make you paperless by arranging a free demo or contact the team on 028 9027 1777